Wednesday 11 May 2011

Day 4

Breakfast:
Porridge with peaches, syrup and sultanas.





What a difference some fruit and a little artistic flair can make!  How much more appealing is the second picture compared to the first?  I used some of the light syrup from the tin of peaches to add some sweetness.  Normally I would drain off the syrup but you must use all you can!  The peaches weren't hard but more firm compared to fresh peaches.  An enjoyable breakfast and oh so pretty!

Lunch:
Lunch was a bit of a disaster since I ran out of time.  I was supposed to have pasta again but had to go out so I made do with munching on an apple and a digestive washed down with water.




I do not encourage eating like this.  This is another example of planning ahead.  In this modern life, we are cramming our eating time in the little time we have.  This is why fast food and ready meals are really popular.  I felt fine but my stomach was making weird noises of which I was self conscious.  I confessed to my friend but I needn't have since she didn't notice!  Should have kept my mouth shut!  Even if you don't feel hungry, stomach noises is a way of your body telling you that what you have eaten isn't enough.

Snack:
4 biscuits and some sultanas

Dinner:
Penne with pasta sauce and mixed veg topped with sliced boiled egg.




This is what I should have had for lunch.  I used the remaining jar of sauce with some water sloshed around the jar to use up all the sauce and give the jar a rinse.  To multitask and do less washing, I boiled 2 eggs in the pasta water (if this sounds yukky, just make sure you rinse the pasta after cooking).  Nuked the veg and saved the other portion for tomorrow's lunch or dinner.  My presentation leaves a lot to be desired but the egg was really nice!  I thought it would be more rubbery because it's a caged egg but I must have got my timings good because it was nice and soft.

Dessert: 
Peaches and custard




A few hours after dinner I made a dessert.  I put too much water into the custard powder but it still tasted nice.  It made me think I could make a sweet drink with the custard powder.  I then placed some more of those peaches in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment