Monday 9 May 2011

Day 1

Breakfast:
Bowl of porridge made with water served with sultanas.
Glass of water.
I joked to my mother that I was eating wallpaper paste. The sultanas definitely helped in giving it some sweetness and chewiness. I enjoy the action of masticating. Just shovelling and swallowing porridge wouldn't be as appealing without the sultanas.

Handy tip: For the same price and more variety, you could sub the sultanas for mixed dried fruit.


 

Lunch:
I boiled 100g of penne pasta (packet says 75g per person but I have 500g to last me 5 days so I boil 100g for 2 meals so only 50g a serving) I also microwave 200g frozen vegetables (1kg divide by 5 is 200g for 2 meals so my serving is 100g per meal).
Soupy pasta with poached egg. The soup is made with about ½ a stock cube. Discard pasta water but boil fresh water to poach egg. Then make the stock using that water (don't worry about eggy leftovers, scrape em in the soup!) By now, you should have pasta and veg in bowl, place egg on top and pour on soup




Dinner:
Pasta and veg from earlier with some crumbled stock cube.
5 digestives (26 in packet divide by 5 with 1 remainder)
Sultanas
Apple
Water in bottle 
The thing in my sultana container is the remaining stock cube and is there in case of extra flavouring or to make a stock soup drink.

Snack
Anything from dinner can be eaten as snack




I went to a bar/club at night to help celebrate a birthday. It was after work and I had to rely on what I ate earlier to get me through the night.  I managed to get to 3am with yawning but no stomach growlings.  It was easy to explain why I wasn't drinking since I was driving but it was too noisy to explain my challenge (also, in the infancy stages).  

No comments:

Post a Comment