Monday 9 May 2011

Day 3

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with baked beans.




I could have easily had porridge again for breakfast but a part of me wanted to show you that you can be creative and have some variety.  I picked the 2 smallest eggs from the box and cracked them into a bowl.  I then whisked it with a fork and added a splash of water.  I then microwaved it in 10/15 sec bursts, whisking after each blast.  Funnily enough, I had always done scrambled eggs the proper way in a frying pan with butter and only watching Heston Blumenthal shake his head at the people at Little Chef did I pick up this trick!  You could do it without fat but make sure it's a non stick pan.

The beans were nicer than expected.  I used half the tin.  I noticed one of the ingredients was paprika.  I tried some beans cold and it wasn't unpleasant.  I don't normally like smokey flavoured food but the sauce was slightly sweet with just a hint of smoke (paprika?) and it was nice.

Lunch: 
I had pudding first so posting that first :P
Peaches with custard and digestive crumble topping.




Yeah, it's a more grandiose way of eating custard, peaches and digestive biscuit!  Once again, I wanted a go at being creative.  The only thing hot was the custard, I just fished a few peach pieces and placed on top and just crumbled a biscuit on top.  It was a nice concoction but had to be eaten quickly since the biscuit went soggy and it's best eaten when crunchy.

Soupy pasta with veg and kidney beans.




I could have improved the presentation but I just used the bowl I microwaved the veg in hence the little broccoli flecks near the rim of the bowl.

I want to show you a before and after picture of the vegetables:





Seeing the pictures side by side makes it easier to compare them.  I seem to remember it appearing to shrink a lot more than the picture shows.  The veg is ok, it would have been nicer to have some sweetcorn in the mix to give it a little sunshine.  I think the cauliflower was a bit on the crunchy side for my liking though.

Dinner: 
Same as lunch with some crumbled stock cube (that silver thing with the sultanas) to season the pasta
4 Digestives
Apple
Sultanas




Today's been ok.  My brother isn't being very helpful goading me with food (eating something in front of me and showing me the contents of his mouth after chewing it and then breathing on me...) but I've managed to resist temptation.  If I'm perfectly honest, it's been too easy so far.  I've not had any hunger pangs or any food cravings.  I think I've been getting 3/4 fruit and veg with a little protein and carbs.  I think tomorrow (Day 4) will be the hardest because it's my day off so will have to find things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment