Sunday 10 July 2011

Hot Cocoa

The reason why I am still awake at 4.15am is because I had a lovely mug of hot cocoa.  I had been working later than usual and ended up eating and leaving late.  Once home, I knew I wouldn't have an early night so decided to have a nice hot cocoa.  I had a hot chocolate recently at a pub and was sorely disappointed. It probably had cow's milk in it but that wasn't the point!  There was an opportunity to entice me with a welcoming warm hug in a mug and all I got was a watery insipid pretender.

This is simple, delicious and even better VEGAN!!!

Ingredients:

1tsp Green & Black's Cocoa Powder
1tsp Unrefined sugar
A pinch of salt
A dash of Vanilla Extract
About 225ml Soya Milk (I used Alpro Blue long life)
A sprinkle of grated G&B 70% dark chocolate*  (optional, see note)

Method:

1.  In a mug, mix the cocoa with a dash of milk to form a smooth paste.  Add sugar, salt and vanilla.  Slowly add the rest of the milk and give it a good mix.  Make sure you scrape all the edges of the mug.

2.  Put in the microwave for a minute (watch carefully after 30s).  Stir and taste.  Nuke in bursts of 30s until desired heat.

3.  Ah!





*I have just checked their website and it looks like they now put whole milk powder in their dark chocolate (they didn't before).  This is a shame since I got into this brand because it doesn't have any cow's milk in it.  I'm glad the cocoa powder is still "may contain traces"

No comments:

Post a Comment